1. The last thing I want is to be a pop-star. I started NSN to pass the time. I just write songs to get emotions or thoughts out of my mind. I don’t want to be famous; although I would love for my music to touch as many people as possible.
2. For any girl who thinks they are in love with me. You aren’t. You don’t know me, and if you did you probably wouldn’t like me as much. Anyways, I don’t look very good in person. You can thank the modern technology of photoshop for that.
3. I don’t write songs to make money. Money is not a large concern to me. It was a big part of my life growing up (seeing as my family was broke most of the time), so I try to not worry about it as much as I was raised to. Don’t get me wrong; I like having money just like anyone, but I would rather see it go into something more productive then my bank account. As long as my parents, brother, sisters, and I are living comfortable I am content.
4. I don’t like extra attention. I have always been that way.
5. Cameras suck. I don’t like taking pictures. The flashes hurt my eyes. I would much rather talk to a fan then take a picture. So, please save my eyes and come talk to me instead of hoarding me for a picture.
6. I really do love my fans. Without them I wouldn’t have the confidence that I do. All my life I have had very low self-esteem and been depressed most of the time. All those encouraging words really do pick me up and make my day better.
7. I also usually have really bad acne. I am teenager so don’t be alarmed if you see me at a show with a couple of zits. Blah.
8. I have a strict vegan diet. It was a little difficult to get used to, but now my body feels great! Also; it keeps me slim, hah.
9. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. Saying that; don’t think I am a christian with a foot up his ass! I love everyone and respect their beliefs. Don’t let anyone tell you what to believe. Take everything in, and make your own decision. So, if you’d like to talk about faith; let me know. I’d be honored.
10. I think my favorite movie is “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”! He is such a champ.
11. I like it when fans tell me they love me. It makes me feel loved. I just don’t want girls to think they are “in love” with me. Because that is unhealthy! hah. So please; tell me you love me. It makes me giddy :p
12. I grew up in the hardcore scene. Those are my roots. Who would’ve thought??
13. I was a real dork in high-school. No one really talked to me. Therefore, I would stay home half the time and make music. Then; I got dropped. That is sometimes the hardest thing to tell people. I feel like a failure! I don’t want anyone to think that dropping high-school is a good thing. I do regret it. Now I do not get to walk with my class in May.
14. I like smoothies. yummmmmmmmmm!
15. I can’t wait to put out more music. I really hope you guys like it! :) Question Facts! :D I really liked all of your questions that you had. I only picked out a few to answer. A couple of them are pretty intense! Well, here it goes.
16. How did you get started with music?17.When I was in about eighth grade I started to get really interested in the guitar. I didn’t have my own; so, I would steal my dads guitar whenever he was at work. I looked up songs online and would learn them very slowly. After about a month of sneaking around my father surprised me with an acoustic for my birthday! It was quite the treat.
18. Do you smoke? First off, smoking is a nasty habit! Although I have been found guilty a couple times.
19. What are you favorite bands? Here are a few. The Beatles, The Killers, House of Hereos, Jimmy Eat World, The Shins, The Kooks, Brand New, and so much more!
20. Are you a virgin? This one is very difficult for me. When I was sixteen I lost my virginity to a very mean girl that I thought I loved. We dated for about a year; but, turns out that she had cheated on many occasions. It broke my little heart. If you have been through something along those lines; I really can feel for you. I wrote a song that is going to be on the full length about my experience. I hope it helps anyone going through a mess like the one I did two years ago.
What do you do in your spare time? I like the outdoors! I love jogging on nature trails. That is probably my favorite thing to do outside of playing music. I also like to cook with my girlfriend! She is quite the stud in the kitchen. Outside of music; my life is pretty boring. haha.
Some people say you are an asshole! Are you as sweet in person? I try my best to always be positive to everyone I meet. Sometimes if I am having a rough day; I don’t really like to talk as much. I may come off as an asshole in that situation, but you have to remember that I have a life outside of music. I have family, friendship, and relationship problems all the time. We all know those kind of days. So, to answer the question; No, I am not always the sweetest person in the world, but I try my hardest to always stay positive. I am only human :) Regardless of how my day is; remember that I really do love and appreciate you (no matter who you are)
Where do you live when you are home? Whenever I live at home (which is a rare occurrence) I have an apartment. It is very chill. We spend most of our time either jamming or drooling over vintage equipment. ha.
How tall are you? I am 5 ‘11
Ever smoked weed? Honestly, I had my first marijuana experience right as I started NSN. I got way more involved for a while. Lately, I have chilled out a lot. I will have the occasional social smoke though. I am actually into the legalization aspect more then the smoking aspect.
How do you guys feel about the legalization of marijuana? In no way do I want to influence or promote you to smoke. With smoking comes a lot of responsibility that some people can’t handle. I do not recommend smoking until you are done high school (at least)
What’s up with your hair? First off, my hair is naturally brown. Also, so many people ask me how I get my hair the way I do. Honestly, I usually just wake up, brush my hair, and then I’m done. Sounds silly; but so true.
Do your tattoos have meaning? My tattoos are very special to me. I put a lot of thought and time in deciding what I want as an addition. My arms represent “life and death”; “beginning and end”; “good and evil”. My chest is the center piece; “love is my weapon”. I attempt a life of love. My left foot has a peace sign on it. I try to walk with the intent of spreading peace. My right wrist has “faith” in hebrew across it. It is a reminder of my Jesus. I want to be a piece of art and expression.
Does it bother you that people download your music illegally? I think as the times change and the economy crashes and burns; I want you guys to be able to get a hold of my music anyway you can. So…no, it does not bother me. I just want you to be able to listen and vibe the tunes… download for free :P
Why did you start smoking? Well, I am just going to come clean…I have been smoking cigarettes since I was 14 years old. It has always been a vent for me. I understand the consequences, and I have tried to quit several times…but, it has always just been my thing. Don’t smoke kiddos :)
Do you like talking to fans? I sure do! I think you guys are the greatest. I love to hear how you view life and such. I love the people that have enough guts to come and converse like regular people with me. Those are my favorite! <3
Did you sign? Warner Brothers is my new partner, and they are helping me with my own label called “Loveway Records”. That way I can release all of my music through my own label. It’s actually pretty nifty. Also, I can sign bands that I really believe in! That is very exciting for me. This is very fresh news. Woohoo :)
Why did you get a live band? Honestly, I got a live band so I could take some of my best friends on tour with me. It makes the whole experience a little more fun. I know some of you hate it, but you haters have to understand that I do what makes me and my best friends happy. Not you.
Do you plan on getting more tatoos? My body is a canvas. I want to be a work of art that brings glory to the things that matter.
Where was your first gig? My first gigs were open-mic nights at a small coffee shop named “Dioko”. I was fourteen and played there every tuesday until it closed when I was fifteen. Then from fifteen to sixteen I played in front of Hastings for pocket change. Then when I was sixteen I played my first legit show at “The Foundry” in Joplin.
Left handed or Right handed? Left. I play guitar right handed though. I was confused when I learned :p
Gay Marriage? I support any form of love.
Do you sleep around on tour? No girl deserves to be used for just one night. Ladies deserve a boy that will love on them forever :)
Why does your music suck now? You probably mean…Why is your music not just acoustic anymore? Honestly, it is just some harmless experimentation. I will alway be an acoustic singer-songer writer, but I like to have some fun with other sounds and instruments to. You can either linger in the past, or grow with me. Your call. I love you regardless :)
Are you gay? Gay? No way. I love me ladies too much :)